Hi friends, I don’t know about you but I love fall! There’s something special about the crisp air, changing leaves and all of the fun festivities leading up to Christmas. One of the best parts about living in Connecticut is experiencing the seasons, especially fall. Here is a list of some things to do in Connecticut this fall:
^”Maine” Baked Potato at the Big E
1. Go to a fall fair– This is one of my favorite things to do this time of year! There’s the Durham Fair September 21-24. Also, New England’s Biggest Fair, The Big E which isn’t in Connecticut but close, from September 15-October 1.
4. Visit a Haunted House– There’s the popular Trail of Terror in Wallingford which opens on September 30. This year’s theme is “The Circus is coming to Town” (I can only imagine how terrifying that is going to be).
6. Go on a scenic drive– According to the Fall Foliage Report, October 5-November 8 will be the estimated peak of foliage. Here is a list of the best places to view fall foliage in Connecticut.
8. Do a corn maze– This seems like an awesome corn maze in Thompson, CT! Admission is $12 for adults and $10 for kids under 12 (August 28-November 1). If you’re looking for something a little more adventurous, there’s a Flashlight Maze in Windsor from 6-30pm – 9pm on October 20, 21, 27 and 28.
10. Visit the famous Mark Twain House & Museum– Explore the home of America’s favorite author in Hartford! Starting October 6, you can take a “Graveyard Shift Ghost Tour” and learn more about Mark Twain’s interest in the supernatural. Click here for ticket information!